Choanoke Area Development Association, NC Inc., (CADA), a regional non-profit, seeks quotes from providers who are willing to lease CADA provided buses to assist in the transportation of preschool children.
CADA Head Start/Early Head Start provides transportation services in Bertie, Halifax, Hertford, and Northampton Counties for children enrolled in the Head Start program only. The School Bus Maintenance provider must be willing to:
- Provide preventive maintenance on all of these buses, to include:
- oil changes and other fluids
- tire rotations and replacements (Tires must be replaced prior to the minimum 4/32 thread
- brake servicing and replacement
- all mechanical repairs and replacement parts for each bus including, but not limited to, checking, repairing, and/or replacing engine, engine parts, transmissions, radiator service (heavy duty mechanical needs), brakes, stop sign and walking arm, the wheel bearings, windshield wipers.
- Provide preventive maintenance at least three times annually when buses are not in operation during normal transporting schedules. For example, during the summer prior to school opening, and during winter and spring breaks.
- Ensure that buses are compliant with, and pass state inspections for school buses that include performing annual inspections on operational buses as well as alternative buses.
- Provide weekly on-site service checks on each bus to keep check on the fluids and other replaceable parts on the buses.
- Provide towing services for buses when needed
- Provide Storage space for up to 15 buses
- Storage area must be insured, and be security and surveillance protected. Fenced area is preferred
- Provider must be willing to comply with federal and state guidelines for the school buses that are utilized for the transport of preschool-aged children.
- Agree to provide services for up to four counties for the duration of ten months.
Christopher S. Moody